Kefalonia is full of beautiful and scenic places, beaches with turquoise, crystal waters.
A village that stands out is Assos, is one of the most picturesque villages of Kefalonia with traditional houses that enchant the visitor. Assos is about 30 km away from Argostoli and is located near the beach of Myrtos. Assos is built in traditional Ionian architecture and is situated on a unique natural landscape.
On the peninsula stands the Venetian fortress with a fantastic view of the village . The construction of the fortress of Assos began in November 1593 and ended in 1595 , the fort today is uninhabited , but always impressive.
Photos by Jolien Van der Steen
Περισσότερα σε αυτή την κατηγορία:
- Trivago: Top 10 adults-only resorts in Greece (photos)
- Not one or two but... 88 beaches in Kefalonia that will impress you (video)
- Magical boat rides and local songs in Assos (pictures-video)
- The clear waters of Myrtos are distinguishable even from an airplane (image)
- The unknown exotic beach of Kimilia in Kefalonia (pictures)