Kefalonia is full of beautiful and scenic places, beaches with turquoise, crystal waters.
A village that stands out is Assos, is one of the most picturesque villages of Kefalonia with traditional houses that enchant the visitor. Assos is about 30 km away from Argostoli and is located near the beach of Myrtos. Assos is built in traditional Ionian architecture and is situated on a unique natural landscape.
On the peninsula stands the Venetian fortress with a fantastic view of the village . The construction of the fortress of Assos began in November 1593 and ended in 1595 , the fort today is uninhabited , but always impressive.
Photos by Jolien Van der Steen
Περισσότερα σε αυτή την κατηγορία:
- Kefalonia is a pearl, a unique place in the Ionian sea
- Kefalonia in the top 5 Greek islands to escape the crowds (pictures)
- 13 Kefalonian beaches awarded the Blue Flag (pictures)
- Xi beach, Kefalonia among the 15 most beautiful beaches in Europe for 2017 (pictures)
- Kefalonia: What to admire first from its natural, wild beauty