Melissani Lake is covered by the cave on the Kefalonia island and attracts many tourists. On the outside the cave is surrounded by the forest and on the inside a magnificent site opens: a rocky cave filled with crystal clear water. It is the only lake-cave with a width of 40 meters and length of 160 meters, while it runs 39 meters deep.
In Greek mythology the site is known as the Cave of the Nymphs. It has two big halls and an island in the middle. One of the halls opens on the surface and lets the light in, which makes the water so clear it seems that the boats are gliding through the air. The best time to visit the cave is in the middle of the sunny day. However, it is said that the morning and evening visits have their own advantages. Journalist Petros Nazos dived in the lake and recorded some beautiful footage on his camera. Here are the results
Περισσότερα σε αυτή την κατηγορία:
- Trivago: Top 10 adults-only resorts in Greece (photos)
- Not one or two but... 88 beaches in Kefalonia that will impress you (video)
- Magical boat rides and local songs in Assos (pictures-video)
- The clear waters of Myrtos are distinguishable even from an airplane (image)
- The unknown exotic beach of Kimilia in Kefalonia (pictures)